3 Day Event | June 7 – 9, 2018 | 9am – 4pm | Rain or Shine
The neighborhood garage sale is a long-standing tradition here in the Lakemont subdivision. For over 20 years, the Smith family has been responsible for the success. We invite all residents to participate.
Signs | You can choose to be open one or all three days and stay open as long as you like. In partnership with the HOA Board, large signs will be displayed at the two entrances of the subdivision and six more signs will be put on corners surrounding the area. Additionally, notices will be post at area business.
Advertisements | Advertisements will be placed in the Toledo Blade, Rossford Journal, The Messenger, Craiglist, our Facebook page and on area garage sale Facebook pages.
How you can help promote the garage sale and more info:
- Directional signage will not be posted throughout the neighborhood. Individuals who are not familiar with our neighborhood may find it difficult to find sales off the main roads of the subdivision. We recommend placing your own signs to route people to your home. Balloons are also a great idea to draw attention from afar.
- If your neighbor isn’t participating, ask them if you can park your car in their driveway leaving more room on our roads.
- Accepting credit cards is easy. Order a credit card reader from Pay Pal ($14.99) and have it ready in time to accept credit card payments at your sale. This is a great idea if you plan on selling more expensive items or you don’t want to hear the excuse “I don’t have enough cash on me”. Don’t forget: If you accept credit cards, make sure you have a sign out that can be read from the road. This could draw more people in.
- You can help us promote the garage sale by re-sharing our Facebook Event and inviting your friends. Also, make sure you post in the Facebook event if you are going to be open and what days/times you will be open.
- Get your kids involved. We will have a large amount of traffic through our neighborhood. This is a great time for your kids to open up a lemonade stand, sell hot dogs, pop, water bottles, etc. and have fun selling items alongside you.
FUN FACT: It has only rained two time over the past 22 years!
QUESTIONS? Contact Michele Smith at 419.666.5584
UPCOMING BOARD MEETING
Thursday, May 24 | 7 – 8pm
Topic: Board Election
All lakemont homeowners are members of the HOA and are requested to attend. The HOA Board Member election will be held at this meeting and then it will be opened up to neighborhood updates and member questions.
Can’t find the information you need?
Contact the HOA Board of Directors.